Project: Enterprise Resource Planning System Engagement
Critical activities identified for this project included, but were not limited to:
- Define an application classification model for classifying applications into different categories based on a specific set of criteria
- Define support requirements for each application category
- Create a complete inventory of the organization’s applications, including unsupported “shadow” applications across different areas in the organization
- Define a baseline for IT support and service requirements based on the application classification model
- Assess gaps between current support and baseline support; define an action plan to close the gaps
- Extend the application portfolio to map to business processes, thereby setting a framework for business process architecture
- Completed an inventory of all the applications.
- Cataloged the purpose and functionality of each application
- Cataloged all the customizations that were been done
- Cataloged the users.
- Created and defined an application Matrix.
- Identified overlaps or redundancy in applications.
- Eliminated redundant or unnecessary applications.
- Developed a road map to identify each applications path.
- Prepared a cost/benefit analysis
- Developed a strategic Enterprise Architecture Plan.